Equality & Diversity Policy
Solid State Security Limited is committed to embracing diversity and promoting equal opportunities as an employer, in the services we provide, in partnerships, and in the decisions we make. Our aim is to ensure these commitments are embedded in our day-to-day working practices with our customers, colleagues, clients, and partners.
We provide equality and fairness for all and will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
We ensure all our employees, contractors, clients and customers are treated fairly and with respect. Selection for contracts, employment, promotion, training and/or any other benefit is on the basis of aptitude and ability. All of our employees are helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce are fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of our organisation.
We will demonstrate our commitment by:
- Eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Equality Act.
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff are recognised and valued.
- Promoting equal opportunities, dignity and respect to all.
- Advancing equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Fostering good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not.
- Providing facilities and a method of communication for anyone who believes that they have been treated inequitably.
- Investigating fully any breaches to this policy in line with our disciplinary procedures.
- Creating an environment which is free from intimidation, bullying or harassment.
- Distributing and communicating this policy to all employees, potential employees, contractors, customers and partners.
- Updating and periodically reviewing all our employment practices & procedures (including Bullying & Harassment, Discipline, Grievance, Training & Development and Recruitment & Selection policies) to ensure they comply with this policy & legislation.
- Implementing the intentions in this policy via an annual action plan.
Statement Issued September 2013.